We may share your information with others, particularly those that help us provide our services or run our business effectively. Most commonly, this includes our staff and legal consultants, our IT service providers, those who manage our data, and our advisers and marketing partners.
We require others to respect the information we share with them, and to only use it in ways the law allows. We only allow others to use such information for the specific purposes we set out, and not for any other purposes. When we engage processors to process information on our behalf, we ensure a contract is in place with the processor that sets out the details of the processing
See below for further details
We may have to share information with third parties (including those below) for the purposes and activities explained above:
- Our staff and legal consultants who provide services or are involved in the running of our business.
- Service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of our business such as software and application service providers and third parties who host, store and manage data or provide programming or technical support, etc.
- Professional advisers including our accountants, insurers and brokers, etc.
- Analytics partners to analyse website traffic and understand customer needs and trends.
- Marketing service providers to help us to communicate with you.
- If we are required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfil a government, or regulatory authority request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our websites or customers.
- Those to whom we may sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business with, or where we acquire other businesses or merge with them. If such a change happens then any new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this policy.
We will share information, without notice, only if we are required to do so by law or we, in the good faith, believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with legislation or any legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our rights and/or property; and
- to protect personal safety.
We do not sell or give your information to third parties for them to contact or market their goods or services to you without your consent.
The third parties we send information to may be based outside the UK. If they are, their use of your information will involve a transfer of data outside the UK. Whenever we transfer personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further details, see the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the Information Commissioner’s Office with the service provider which give the information the same protection it has in the UK. For further details, see the Information Commissioner’s Office website for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Our service providers, such as Google Analytics (Google Inc. and its affiliates), may process your data in the course of providing analytical information to us about the use of our website. These service providers may collect and/or transfer your data outside of the UK or European Economic Area. See Google Analytics: Safeguarding your data.
Third-party links and services