Wherever you want to take your business, we’ll make sure your legal gets you there. Reduce costs, increase efficiencies and avoid nasty surprises.
Strategy & BudgetRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessMany growing businesses use expensive specialists when they really need a more commercial approach. Your legal should deliver an ROI and help you achieve your business goals.
- manage your legal strategy and processes better, as well as addressing day-to-day matters
- prioritise and plan your legal budget, showing you where you don’t need to spend money or what could be better spent elsewhere
- use the right legal resources for right job, so you’re more cost effective and efficient
- anticipate any legal issues before they become a problem (so you don’t get any nasty, expensive surprises)
- understand what you need to worry about, and what you don’t
- protect and maximize assets and drive revenues
- navigate big business milestones, like attracting investment, going into new markets and offering new products and services
Health CheckRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessStart-ups may get away with ‘winging’ it, but growing businesses need to have the right legal strategy and processes in place to scale better & faster.
- tell you what needs to be in place, in order of priority, so you don’t waste time and money
- review your risk position and show you key prioritised areas before crises occur
- put in place the necessary measures to reduce those risks and prevent nasty/expensive surprises
- implement practical solutions within an agreed budget and timescale
- free up management time so you can focus on leading your business and achieve your goals
Contracts & DealsRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessIneffective contracts can slow down your sales cycle and reduce revenue growth, whilst bad or unprofitable deals cost money and management time.
- streamline contracts and processes, making it easier for you to do business
- create templates that reflect your operational realities and work for you business
- negotiate your supplier contracts to avoid unnecessary delays
- empower your sales teams to negotiate efficiently and effectively, bringing in revenue faster
- apply contracts and processes consistently across new markets to help you to scale up efficiently
And, we’ll find tools to help you get out of or renegotiate bad, ineffective or unprofitable deals. We will:
- review your contracts and processes to assess your options, leverage what you have and help get you the best possible result
- find practical solutions to avoid lengthy court battles where possible
- negotiate with your customers/suppliers so you don’t have to
- enforce the terms of your contracts
- use the legal process to get you the best possible result
- restructure the deal and contract in a way that works for both sides so you can get your business back on track
Brand ProtectionRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessSo much more than just a logo.
- help you assess what you have, prioritise what you need to protect and how (and what you don’t)
- protect your intellectual property to keep your brand strong in all your markets and territories – making sure your trade mark portfolio is right for your business and you’re not wasting money
- work with your team to ensure a smooth roll out of any rebrand and that communications are handled effectively
People & IncentivesRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessYour people are your key assets. Make sure you can attract and retain the right people to help your business grow.
- review and improve your employment contracts and policies so that your staff and company are clear about expectations and your business is adequately protected
- help you to achieve consistency in approach as you grow into new markets
- make sure you’re complying with regularly changing industry practice and law
- ensure you understand the differences between freelancers and contractors and permanent staff and minimise associated risks
- review and improve your hiring process
- help put the right employee incentives in place to attract and keep your people (whilst protecting yourself)
- ensure you have limits of authority/a sign off process so you’re clear on who’s agreeing what for the company
- help deal with underperforming staff
Products & ServicesRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessBe ready to sign up new customers quickly and realise revenue fast.
We’ll help you roll out your new products/services as efficiently as possible.
- make sure your contracts work for the products/services you’re selling so that it’s easy to do business
- where possible leverage any templates you may have to avoid re-inventing the wheel
- where it’s a new tech product or service like SaaS, work with you to implement the right licensing model and processes
- ensure you own (or are properly licensing) the intellectual property rights in the new products/services, that they are properly protected and you can exploit them
- help handle any staffing associated with the new launch so it goes as smoothly as possible
- handle any regulatory issues related to the new product/service launch, including data protection
- review external communications including to customers
New MarketsRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessNew markets are rarely a carbon copy, but you don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time. Avoid the pitfalls of doing business locally.
We’ll help you get trading in new markets as soon as possible.
- guide you through the process of setting up (new branch, office, subsidiary, etc.) so that you can make the right decisions for your business
- get the right corporate structure in place with the right documentation
- ensure you’re complying with and understand local legal requirements, including around data protection
- localise contracts effectively, keeping your templates and processes consistent (to make sure you can scale effectively), but making it easy to do business locally
- help you to protect your brand and other assets in each new market
- ensure staff incentives are right for the market
- work with our global network of local providers to make it hassle free
RestructureRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessSometimes you need to change direction or try something new. Don’t let it be a time or money drain, or become an ongoing distraction.
We can help you with:
- Restructuring your business
- Making an acquisition
- Getting new tech in
We will help you do the right deal for the right reasons. We’ll focus on helping you get value out of it and getting the subsequent integration right. We’ll:
- get to the bottom of what you want to achieve and find the best way to structure it
- show you what the process will be like, what to expect and when, and help you plan for the changes
- help you put in place a plan that works for your business and your risk profile, avoiding any pitfalls like hidden costs
- project manage the process so it’s smooth and easy
- negotiate on your behalf to get the best possible deal
- help get you ready for the change, with the right level of due diligence
- put the right contracts/agreements in place to protect your business and maximise your opportunities
- handle any regulatory issues so you’re fully compliant
- manage any new branding and the associated IP
- advise on stakeholder/external communications
- help implement the changes so your business keeps on running
- help you navigate your post-restructure world, where you may need to deal with new people, products or technology
Investment & ExitRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessShortcut the investment or exit process (and get the best possible result) by getting your ducks in a row ahead of time.
We’ve got years of experience in guiding clients successfully through to investment or exit (without it detracting from running their businesses).
- help you understand the different types of investments and which is best for you
- show you up front what the investment process will be like, how it differs according to types of investors and what to expect and when
- make sure you’re ready for due diligence, with the right contracts, processes and business continuity planning in place to move fast
- help you get the right corporate structure and the right agreements in place for the investment, using our experience and template documents
- negotiate on your behalf to get you the best possible deal
- advise on stakeholder/external communications
- help you navigate your post-investment world, where you may need to add people, products or tech, or in/outsource parts of your business
- make sure you’re exit ready
- do the right deal for you
- show you what the process will be like, and tell you what to expect and when
- help you get the right advisers on board
- get you ready for the due diligence process
- help you get the right structure in place
- advise on stakeholder communications
- help you with any post-exit matters
For US CompaniesRead MoreShow LessRead MoreShow LessOur team works extensively with US companies expanding into the UK and Europe. We understand US corporate culture and can smooth your path as you expand and grow your overseas operations.
- help with business critical issues like FCPA, Sarbanes Oxley and other SEC legislation
- implement worldwide business compliance and conduct policies, addressing European data protection and US safe harbour matters
- deliver legal support across EMEA, Asia and Australasia.
- Provide a single point of contact who knows and understands your business goals