There’s lots of conflicting and out of date information out there at the moment regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. ACAS (the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service – an independent public body working with employers and employees to improve working relationships) and the Employment Lawyers Association have asked us to share the following links to ensure you have the most up to date information regarding guidance as an employer and for your employees.
- Acas: Guidance for employers and employees from Acas, an independent body funded by the Government, is available here: https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus
- NHS: Health-related guidance from the National Health Service is available here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Public Health Guidance:
- Public Health England including, eg, specific guidance for employers, educational and health-related organisations, and an option to receive updates directly is available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
- Public Health Wales: https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Health Protection Scotland: https://www.hps.scot.nhs.uk/a-to-z-of-topics/wuhan-novel-coronavirus/
- Public Health Agency in Northern Ireland:https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/news/covid-19-coronavirus
- HMCTS: Information for users of Courts and Tribunals is available here:https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-courts-and-tribunals-planning-and-preparation
With most of us working from home at the moment we’re also sharing some tools from CyberSmart (cyber security and compliance specialists) that might be useful as your team transitions to remote working:
You may also want to check out this guide to home working and protecting personal data from Astrid Data Protection.
As an employer, you have the same health and safety responsibilities for home workers as for any other workers. Here’s some information on how to protect home workers from Health and Safety Executive.
Also, having worked flexibly/remotely for years we understand how important it is to maintain a positive work/life balance and to encourage your team to do the same too. It’s easy to work longer hours and take fewer breaks when working from home and it can be isolating especially in these uncertain times. Here’s some good tips from Mind (mental health charity) to ensure we are taking care of our team and ourselves.
*FREE Covid-19 Risk Assessment Tool* We also want to share a useful and surprisingly simple tool we’ve created to help with your business continuity planning. Our Covid-19 Risk Assessment Tool helps identify risks in your business and prioritise and manage next steps as we emerge from lockdown. We’re big believers in helping businesses achieve this, so we’re offering our template for FREE – you can request it from us here.
Finally, please remember we’re here to help if you have any employment or HR queries following the Coronavirus outbreak. Send us an email today on email@example.com