Our client needed to roll out new HR software across their many offices in the US, Europe, Asia and South America. It was a complex project because the software provider needed them to be compliant with all the relevant data protection legislation in each market.
We offered experience in working on complex, global projects and understood the impact of local market requirements.
What we did:
- uncovered our client wasn’t registered with the relevant authorities nor had safeguards to protect data being transferred out of the EEA
- rectified the registration issues quickly and reviewed all the client’s options for transferring data
- worked with the head office, local management and specialist external lawyers to implement a quick, cost effective solution
- designed new processes to make sure they were compliant in the long-term
- introduced a point person for compliance queries across its network of offices
Our client successfully rolled out their technology with no additional costs, delays or fines. Their data transfer methods and processes were overhauled and made fit for the future.